New Delhi, February 1st, 2011: Marching strong in 2011 while winning accolades for its innovative products by some of the most coveted Automobile Awards; India Yamaha Motor sold 28,597 units in January 2011 vs. 22,408 units in January 2010, thereby registering a growth of 27.6%. In domestic markets, the company registered sales of 21,974 units in January 2011 vs. 17,598 units in the same month last year. The export figures stood at 6,623 units in January 2011 while 4,810 motorcycles were exported in January 2010.
“2010 has been a favorable year for us and we are upbeat about continuing with a strong show this year as well. With the launches of SZ, SZ-R, SZ-X, and YBR 125 last year, we are well-positioned to increase our presence in the Indian market. We will also continue with our focus on innovative marketing initiatives such as the Yamaha Safety Riding Science (YSRS), R15 One Make race etc. to enhance our relationship with customers.” said Mr. Koji Arai, Director - Sales & Marketing, India Yamaha Motor Pvt. Ltd.
The encouraging growth in sales numbers is mirrored by various industry accolades that Yamaha bagged this year which includes:
- Viewer’s Choice Award by the CNBC Overdrive Awards 2011 (SZ-X)
- Motorcycle of the Year: Above 150cc by Bike India Awards (SZ-R)
- Viewer’s Choice Award by NDTV CAR & BIKE Awards 2011 (SZ-X)
- The ET Zigwheels Bike of the Year 2010 (SZ-X)
- The ET Zigwheels 150cc Commuter Motorcycle of the Year 2010 (SZ-X)
- The ET Zigwheels Best Executive 125cc Motorcycle of the Year 2010 (YBR 125)
- The ET Zigwheels Viewer’s Choice Bike of the Year Award (SZ-X)
India Yamaha’s Brand Ambassador, John Abraham also bagged the Brand Ambassador of the Year award by Bike India.